FOOD AND CLOTHING PANTRY MINISTRY
The Food and Clothing Pantry Ministry provides food and quality clothing to individuals and families in need. Clothing is donated by individuals and local businesses. This ministry works in partnership with the Harvest Hope Food Bank to serve as an emergency food shelter.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure that food is handled and delivered safely from Harvest Hope to the Round Top Community Center.
- To properly store and/or refrigerate all food items.
- To ensure that all working areas are clean and sanitary.
- To keep donated clothing properly organized and sorted.
- To ensure clothing is clean and appropriate for distribution.
All activities for the Food and Clothing Pantry Ministry will be conducted at the Round Top Community Center. Volunteers may work in the food and clothing pantry for intake on Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. until approximately 1:00 p.m. and from 6:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. This ministry will be open for distribution on the 2nd Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m., and each Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. until approximately 3:00 p.m. with the exception of the Wednesday before the 2nd Saturday. Preparation and planning for the 2nd Saturday distribution will be done on the Friday before the 2nd Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. until approximately 3:00 p.m.
With the exception of officers, church membership is not required.
Spiritual Gifts, Special Skills, or Other Requirements
All persons providing assistance are required to show courtesy and respect. All information must be kept confidential.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of this ministry, contact Constelena Cunningham.