The purpose of the History Ministry is to collect comprehensive records that document the life and history of the church, and to ensure the preservation of historical records and materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the church secretary in acquiring, maintaining and preserving church records.
- Review and update the church history as needed.
- Recommend policies and procedures regarding historical records.
- Seek and implement ways to educate and inspire church members through use of the church history.
- Inform church members about the heritage of the church and help them develop an understanding of the Baptist history.
- Provide historical information for the church’s anniversary service.
Church membership is required.
Spiritual Gifts, Special Skills, or Other Requirements
Must have a knowledge of the history of the Baptist church. Must have some ability to do research and documentation.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of this ministry, contact Kitty Faden.